Thursday, May 17, 2012

Our Anniversary

To celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary, Daniel and I were able to spend the whole afternoon together without the kids. We love our children, but man, what a nice gift from Chad and Larry.  They offered to watch our children for us while we were able to spend some alone time.  I was definitely a lot more relaxed, and welcomed the idea of not having to catering to all three of their needs for a few hours. Daniel and I actually walked hand in hand.

For lunch we went to Chez Janou. I believe the food network did a little blurb on this restaurant.  Anyways, the restaurant didn't have any English menus, so Daniel and I did our best at ordering what we thought would be good.  We both were not disappointed. He got a yummy Scallop risotto and i got a yummy piece of fish and vegetables. Then for dessert Daniel ordered the Tarte Tatin, and I ordered the chocolate Mousse. In reading reviews on the restaurant, the chocolate mousse is the "main attraction" if you will, of this bistro. I would definitely have to agree with the reviews! HEAVENLY or SINFUL-whatever you want to call it-it will be a definite go there again and get me some Chocolate goodness! They brought out Daniel's dessert, and then me an empty plate...I was a little confused, but then they bring you this big bowl of Chocolate Mousse to your table.  They then proceed to tell you, "take as much as you like."  Well, if I really took as much as I would have liked I would have had them box the whole bowl up, but I took a big enough portion for me to share some with Daniel.  It was very very tasty!


After Chez Janou, we went to Rue Montorgueil, a famous street here in Paris.  It kinda reminded me a little bit of Pikes Place Market.  We walked the street and visited the shops, bought some fresh cherries, and stopped off at a recommended gelato place.  We were not disappointed. We visited some churches in the area, and were amazed by their grandeur. Such intricate design and detailed work on every aspect of the churches. Very impressive indeed. 

Daniel and I have had many adventures in the past six years, and look forward to all the adventures we have yet to embark on. Spending your 6th anniversary in Paris is not a bad way to go :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! What a great time and place to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry for your hard times, but happy for your good times so far in France. We certainly miss you tons here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you just got Hyrum and I super excited to come. I cannot even imagine the frustration of everyone speaking jibberish. It will come soon though, especially for the kids. You will be able to have them translate for you soon. By the way Happy Anniversary, before you know it you will have been married 16 years.

    ReplyDelete