Thursday, May 17, 2012

Discovering Paris...

Kylee and I got to go out to eat, just the two of us.




Kylee loved these glittery stairs, and maybe one day we can get them in our house

Outside of the Luxembourg Jardin

We have seen a lot of ornate fountains.
The pushing of the boats. We all enjoyed doing this.
A Parisian Hotdog
A gift to me from the hotel on my birthday. Kylee enjoyed helping me eat it:)
I am going to have to find a different punishment for Owen-he likes standing in the timeout corner.

Eiffel tower at night, while it sparkles.
My baby Owen is getting soo big. We love him lots, and the kids can't take their hands off of him - a good and bad thing :)


After spending the weekend at "the museum," as we like to call it, I gladly welcomed coming back to the Hotel.  We may not have a lot of room to run around in here in our rooms, but at least we have the hotel to explore, and I feel more secure in letting Owen crawl around- no pokey nails here, and his clothes are not filthy.  The "museum" wasn't all bad, we did enjoy the historic value of it, and it was fun to see Kylee and Carson's reactions to the busts throughout the apartment.  It was also neat being more in the heart of the city.  I really don't think Parisians sleep because we heard people on the street all night long.



We are still deciding whether or not to move closer to the city or stay in our home out in Croissy.  I've done a lot of analyzing of the two situations and the home seems to be winning out. I really like the city life idea if we didn't have such young children. My day to day life isn't really going to change that much here.  I still will be at home/apartment the majority of the day because I have children who still need their nap. I don't know how willing I would be during the day to hop on the bus or subway with all three of my children to go grocery shopping, and the maternelle (which is a french preschool) that I would put Carson in is further way if we lived in the apartment than if we lived in the house.  Ultimately I know we could make both work and I would be happy in both situations but I think I would be happier in the home. Who knows maybe my thoughts will change...

Another exciting bit of news is that I had my first scheduled playdate.  I was at the park on Monday and I met a very nice woman, Svetlana, and her son Felix.  She is originally from the Czech, but she has lived in Paris for 10 years.  She was very patient with me and my French, and she speaks a little bit of English.  So with her little bit of English, and my little bit of French, we had quite the conversation.  It probably took us a half hour to establish what the other does, why we were here, and to set up a time to come back the next day.  Tuesday we met up again, and we hung out some more, and I got her email address. My first friend in Paris :).  She is very nice, and I plan on staying in contact with her.

Daniel is still working lots, and I am looking forward to becoming more settled and getting out of the hotel. Although, hotel life has it's perks...no cleaning or cooking.  I would have to say that most days have been really good with a few not-so-good days scattered in amongst them.  We have discovered that JUST DANCE videos are posted on YOUTUBE and we have been enjoying doing that.  The kids think they are winning all of time.  It is quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment