Monday, June 4, 2012

Croissy Sur Seine



Literally translated Croissy Sur Seine is Croissy on the Seine.   A lot of impressionists came here and painted. So, we live right next to the Seine river in the quaint village of Croissy.  Our neighborhood is full of expatriates from the UK, Sweden, and a couple of french families ( one family that just moved back from the states).  We LOVE it!! We've already met 7 of the 10 families that live on this street. Kylee has made a friend with the little girl from Sweden, who we believe is called Louisa, but we are not sure.  Ulriche is the mother, and she has a little boy that is almost 4 months, so Owen could possibly have a little buddy as well.  There are a lot of boys on the street, so Carson is sure to find a little play mate, and our neighbors are so helpful.  I've already been in contact with a local french/english conversation group, a mother who knows a lot about the french school system, and I might possibly go check out a pediatrician for my children.  The only thing that could make this process even better is if I could bewitch myself an orderly home.  You know...just twitch my nose back and forth, and voila!, like magic everything would be in its intended place.  Here's to bewitching...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are starting to finally get settled! Keep us posted on how things go. And good luck with getting your house in order ;) That's a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for feeling settled into your new place....well kind of. I´m excited to see pictures and to hear all about it. Looks like suburbia will be good to you in France! And I can´t wait to see pictures of the new place. Good luck unpacking and deciding where things go....Just remember to take it one room at a time.

    ReplyDelete